Thursday, September 30, 2010

Topology of War

"I did an experiment myself last year in which I recorded a short piece of traffic noise on the street. It’s about three and a half minutes long, and I just kept listening to it to see if I could come to hear it as a piece of music. So, after listening to this recording many times, I’d say, Oh yes, there’s that car to the right, and there’s that door slamming to the left, and I would hear that person listening, and there’s that baby coming by on the tram. After several weeks, I found I loved it like a piece of music."-Eno



These sketches in processing use field force scripts and random attractor input to obtain a topological condition as a depiction of the shizophrenia of war.

These instabilites will be superimposed on the existing grid structure of the site (block of pentagon: target of 9/11 attacks: an event that triggers another war) to create the urban condition as a narrative of war.

The attenuation points in the field will be the plug-ins of the dynamic e-formations where the user can experience live telecasts and data maps related to the conflict of war.

No comments:

Post a Comment